Job Posting: Junior Data Analyst
Kindful is a fast-growing, leader in cloud software for growing nonprofits. We’ve built a platform that powers online fundraising + a fully featured CRM including integrations with best-in-class providers like Mailchimp, QuickBooks and Eventbrite (to name a few). We get out of bed every morning thinking about how we can help nonprofits grow and solve the problems that slow them down from creating meaningful impact in our communities.
We are actively hiring some of the kindest and most talented people you will ever meet. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
We here at Kindful pride ourselves in providing excellent service to our customers. The data services team plays an integral part in ensuring that our customers’ experience with Kindful is a positive one from the beginning. The data services team is responsible for ensuring that new customers’ existing source data is imported into Kindful successfully.
The data services team works side-by-side with the success team during the customers' onboarding experience to ensure the following:
- Customers are educated about the key details of Kindful’s data model so that they can make informed decisions when transforming their source data so that it may be imported into Kindful.
- Kindful recommends the best course of action for maximizing the value of customers’ source data, while providing an alternative when it may exist.
- Kindful provides clear, frequent, proactive communication with customers throughout the process of importing their data into Kindful.
As a Data Analyst, you will be working with your fellow data services team members during the customers' data import process to ensure the following:
- Potential issues are identified & addressed before they arise.
- Data is imported accurately (according to the plan).
- Processes are completed expeditiously.
As a Data Analyst, your specific responsibilities are:
- Analyze Data
A customer will provide Kindful with one or more spreadsheets containing their source data. You will analyze the data to determine if it is ready to be imported, and likely make recommendations for how it should be reformatted based upon your expert knowledge of Kindful & best practices.
- Transform Data
Though most of our customers transform their data themselves, you’ll need to be ready to reformat source data in all sorts of creative ways. Therefore, you should be comfortable working in Microsoft Excel. And if you have a lot of experience using VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables, that’s great. But if you don’t, you should be highly motivated to learn.
- Testing & Ensuring Quality
After establishing a plan during the analysis phase, it’s your responsibility to ensure that we have delivered what we said we would. This means spending time carefully and skeptically checking our work.
- Tracking & Reporting
You’ll be following a proven process, although each project is a little different. You’ll be working on anywhere from 7 to 20 different projects at one time. Part of the Data Analyst’s job is to ensure every project is on track, and to identify & report potential issues or roadblocks as or before they arise.
What a Typical Day looks like
In any given day, you’ll be doing many different types of tasks. You may spend time analyzing data for one customer, transforming some data files in Excel for another, and answering questions & providing updates via email. You’ll spend some of your time working directly with other team members (approximately 20% of the time) and the rest working independently. Occasionally you may talk directly to customers, but most times the success representative that you’re teamed up with will convey updates to the customer. You’ll learn something new everyday. The work environment in the Kindful offices is collaborative, communicative, challenging, yet supportive. We leverage each other’s diverse perspectives and experiences for success.
Skills and Experience
The following skills & attributes will serve a Data Analyst at Kindful well:
- The ability to think critically, creatively, and logically
- The ability to see / pay attention to small details, especially gaps and inconsistencies
- The ability to communicate very clearly in a written medium
- The ability to convey patience, understanding and empathy in conversations
- The ability to collaborate well within both small teams and cross functional teams, and to communicate diplomatically
- The ability to move from long periods of focused, independent work into periods of collaboration
- A strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple competing projects and tasks
- An inclination to drive your own success; you are a self-starter who takes pride in your work and is motivated to “always be learning”.
- The ability to practice / demonstrate patience, flexibility, responsibility & reliability
We are looking for the following experience:
- Customer service and Excel experience is preferred.
- This is an entry-level position.
Due to Kindful being a growth-stage startup, our teams and processes are constantly evolving. Your first goal here will be to learn and excel in your role. As time goes on, there will be opportunities to take on more and different tasks and responsibilities. If you’re looking to learn, grow, and are open to change, Kindful can be a place where you thrive!
This is a full-time, on-site position in Nashville, Tennessee. Local candidates preferred; currently not offering relocation assistance. Applicant must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.